Black and White Wednesday - "A Glimpse of Our Weekend With Dita and Her Darlings"

May 25, 2011

Teamwork BLOG
What started out as an afternoon visit, turned into an entire weekend with Dita and her Darlings!

Looking at the back window collage BLOG
We had a weekend filled with good food, GREAT friends, and lots of FUN. Dita and JR certainly know how to make their guests feel welcome. They were prepared for the likes of our family of five, even down to having a crib ready for Reagan.

Dumping the water with my sister BLOG
They are a special family with a beautiful home that is very inviting. Not to mention the gorgeous backyard with lots of toys for the little ones. I did not think we would ever get the girls to come out of the playhouse and into the real house.

WB and Sarah Treehouse Collage BLOG
It was very neat to watch the kids interact with one another. Our boys are a year apart and so are the two girls......and then we have baby Reagan who got right into the mix. Sarah immediately took to WonderBoy. He would pretend he was a monster and chase her around. Sarah would scream so loud I thought our wine glasses would break, but she loved every minute of it and kept coming back for more.

Room for one more BLOG2
WonderBoy was not the only one with an admirer.... It appears that Sweetie was growing very fond of Nick as the weekend progressed. Doesn't this photo say it all?

The last piece of cake BLOG
If the amazing dinner Saturday night was not enough. Dita woke up and cooked us a delectable breakfast of Panettone French Toast with Bananas that were sauteed in brown sugar and butter, Pancakes, Eggs, and Fresh Fruit. We were all stuffed, but the boys were eyeing up the leftover chocolate cake from the night before. Dita brought it out for them and with the wink of an eye, Nick was feeding Reagan cake by the fork full!
She enjoyed every last crumb....well, maybe she missed one crumb:)

Trying to escape BW BLOG
Before too long, it was time to say goodbye. It seemed that the weekend just flew right by. There were some very sad faces and even a few tears..... well more than a few, but I will let Dita tell that story. Poor Sweetie was really upset to see us go, but we did promise her that we would reciprocate and have them come to visit us very soon!

I have not had enough time to go through all of the photos from our weekend. I just picked out a few of my favs that I thought would work well in black and white. I will probably put together one more post in the next few days.

We can't thank Dita and The Darlings enough for such a wonderful weekend. We were also very excited to meet Dita's Mom! It did not take long to see where Dita gets her good looks and her warm heart.

We are all looking forward to the next get together. Just hoping that next time the group is a little larger:)
Hint Hint to our friends that don't live in our neck of the woods!!
Road trip anyone?


36 comments:

Hot Hot JJ said...

Oh my! What a lovely weekend. Regan's hair? Cuter each time I see it.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

There is nothing sweeter than time with precious friends and family!!! LOVED every single photo~ I love the haircuts too!!!
Blessings!

DiJo said...

Tell Dita I want in on the next one!!!! PRECIOUS photos!!! And, you are right... Sweeting looking at Nick tells it all!!!!! Such a sweet post! You are blessed with very special friends...

Hugs,
Diana

Buckeroomama said...

It's so wonderful to read about (and see) your friendship with Dita through your blog. :)

Wanda said...

Road trip?.....Yeah baby!

So gld you got a visit in after all the busyness of late. And what better place and people to celebrate with. Of course, the kids had a ball. What a gang! And I know a little about those broken puppy love hearts. Had one here a while back.

Love it...love it all. (Next time!)
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

i so love your photos! very lovely, all of them! ;)

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/05/36542-45-black-and-white-wednesday.html

Dhemz said...

looks like you had a fantastic weekend....photos says it all!

Kayce said...

Love weekends like those with good friends! Glad you all got to enjoy the time together and make great memories for your kids. Good times!

Michelle said...

Some of my best friendships were made because of blogging. Looks like you all had a great time.

Run DMT said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Alyson and Ford said...

What a really special weekend visit - love the children all having fun together! Your photos are always amazing!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness these photos tell such a wonderful story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are spectacular!

Jboo said...

Wow -- looks like so much fun! Can tell that everyone had a blast!

Janet

Anonymous said...

These photos are so sweet.

Casey Martinez said...

could these pictures be any more precioius! I love in the moment captures and these are perfect! love the kiss pictures!! So sweet!

Unknown said...

Love each photo - what they all say so beautifully and how much love you all share!

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! I know how refreshing they can be!

Hugs and much love!
Jill

redmaryjanes said...

Wonderful photos! I am so happy that the two of you are able to bring your families together.

Gail said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend away with dear friends!! Love the shots of the older brothers with the little girls. I'm not surprised at all that everyone hit it off so well. :)

And your description of the breakfast Dita prepared made my stomach growl! sounds yummy.

Have a great Wednesday.
hugs...

Danyelle said...

Looks like such a fun, sweet weekend.

Caseybumpinalong said...

Oh.My.Goodness - these photos are precious, every one of them! Great captures! I love the way the younger kids look up to the older boy in your shots - you really captured the admiration. Love this post!

Kristin said...

Just beautiful and images of your visit that made me smile. I think Christina (Miss Dita) is just one of my very favorite people in blogland, and think it is just wonderful that you two have a special friendship!

Hope all is well with you.

Happy and beautiful day to you!

Melissa said...

So cute!

Melissa~
http://melissascapturedmoments.blogspot.com/

- Jessi - said...

There is some sweetness going on in these photos!

Margaret said...

I LOVE the expressions of adoration in both girl's eyes. What a fun weekend for everyone!

Missy said...

Great pics of such special friendships!!! LOVE the pics of the big brothers with the little sisters...sooooo sweet! I am glad you guys had such a fun weekend.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love these photos of the gorgeous 5 kids! You captured the fun and joy so well as always, Wendy

Love Letters To China said...

I knew the moment I heard you were headed to Dita's last weekend you would have an amazing time. Love seeing these pictures of the kids together. You can tell they really had a wonderful time.

xoxo

p.s. Should be getting my camera back next week. Can't wait to start posting again on Wednesday's. Thanks again for your offer. It meant a lot to me. :-)

Tara said...

Hi Lisa, there's nothing better than time with friends and family. Sometimes I get all stressed planning and getting ready for a weekend with friends but ahhhh it's ALWAYS worth it! Memories to last a lifetime. Of course your pictures are amazing. You have a gift to capture emotion. Thanks for sharing.

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

This Photos are very sweet and cute :) Tina

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Sorry I´ve put the wrong link. This is mine http://leckeresfuermenschundkatze.blogspot.com/2011/05/durch-die-blume.html

Debbie said...

Love those kind of weekends, where nothing is planned! Just what everyone needed. Dx

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

This looks like such a blast!! And definately looks like some fun outside toys..I don't think my girls would leave either.

Briana's Mom said...

What a fun weekend! I love the looks on the girls' faces when looking at the boys. Priceless! What amazing photos!!!

Valerie said...

It all looks like so much fun. Icing on the cake when the adults like each other as much as the kids do.

Sweetie has good taste, your son is so handsome.

Wishing all the cool people weren't so far East.

We just got new haicuts too. The girls look adorable.

Love Valerie

Erika B said...

Sounds like you all had the perfect weekend. So many great shots to remember it by.

Erika B

Dita said...

Late to the Comment Party, I see....but I have an inside track...'cause I was THERE! Oh, what fun we had. I can't believe its only been a week since the FAB FIVE left us.
I love the photos you chose...and I have about 50 more that I'll be posting too...darn kids...so adorable I just can't choose!

We had the BEST time and we can't wait for the next sleepover!

We adore every one of you!
xoxoxox
Dita